Wednesday, March 25, 2009

you want me to do what??

What do you think when your doctor calls you on your cell at 8:30pm? "What's wrong??" Yeah that was my first thought too! Well apparently the answer is nothing. Nothing has changed in the plan to inject my knee with Supartz. The insurance company wouldn't approve Synvisc - but its basically "toe-mae-toe" "toe-mah-toe" as they say. Same thing - different name. But now they want to do it in a tv studio in Hollywood instead of in the Burbank doctors office. After I got over my stuttering "wha-wha-me-what?" I figured it might be fun... My doctor had gotten a call from the television show The Doctors requesting him to return to the show as a guest once again. He was also asked to bring a patient - that would be me! So this morning we had a camera crew in our little condo (man they brought a lot of equipment) to do an "in-home" interview clip type deal. I was soooo incredibly nervous but it went pretty well. I don't feel like I do well in front of any sort of audience and this includes camera-men and field producers. An hour later they decided they had enough footage for a less than 60 second clip! WOW.

Friday morning I report to the set at 6am. Yup. 6am. But I get to have my hair and makeup done! Woot! I'm just worried that I'll start crying on tv from the pain of a 4-inch long needle injecting some goopy stuff into my knee - lol. I'll let you know how it goes and when you can catch my one and only chance at stardom bahahahahaha.

Look for it:

1 comment:

clyde said...

wow. this is pretty cool. have fun behind the camera!