Saturday, September 6, 2008

Delta and garage sales

Forgive me, it may take a little while for me to get used to doing this. So if I skip a week (or two or three) without any updates - just remind me :)



A couple weeks ago we were able to go to the Sacramento River Delta with the Amandus/Clarke family. We all "shacked up" in a beautiful ranch style house right on the Delta where we were able to dock the boat right outside the back door. We had an AMAZING time! Sooo worth the drive and the time off of work!



I learned to wakeboard, which made my hubby very proud. Quite an experience... I must say for someone with no arm strength. Let's just say I imagine it to be akin to your arms being pulled out of their sockets. Apparently someone needs to pull those dumbbells out of her closet and pick them up every now and then :) But it was definitely a good time, I'm just a weakling. Sorry I don't have any pictures of that but I do have some of Matty. It was great to see him have so much fun doing this.
This was the first day. By the end of the trip his jumps were twice as high as this and the guys were doing some pretty crazy stuff.

Then last weekend we did something I haven't done in years!! Garage sales!! We dragged ourselves out of bed on a Saturday morning - which tends to be the day when we take advantage of the lack of duties that we have and sleep later than we probably should. I was looking for an older coffee table to put in our living room. I knew I wanted to paint it white, but other than that I had just a vague idea of what I was looking for. At the end of the day we ended up with this:


And by the end of the next day it had turned into this:

2 comments:

clyde said...

this is great. the table looks good. congrats on the learning to wake board. i'm sure matt enjoys that.

Anonymous said...

WOO!! the table looks amazing!