Monday, November 24, 2008

Sun without rain

"God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way."

I really don't know where this quote came from, but as cheesy as it may be, I like it. Southern California is sun without rain, but why is it that we little humans think we deserve that? We think that everything should be flowers and rainbows. I forget so often that this world is not supposed to be anything like heaven. For believers this is as close as we will ever get to hell. That should comfort us and yet at the same time warn us that there will be a fair amount of suffering in this world. The words of our Lord through the Apostles are so encouraging:

"God will exalt you in due time, if you humble yourselves under His mighty hand by casting all your cares on Him because He cares for you. Be sober and alert. Your enemy the devil, like a roaring lion, is on the prowl looking for someone to devour. Resist him, strong in your faith, because you know that your brothers and sisters throughout the world are enduring the same kinds of suffering. And after you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will restore, confirm, strengthen and establish you. To him belongs the power forever. Amen."

Oh I have been so busy... I miss my bible. I miss my Friend, my Saviour, my Lord.

No comments: