Thursday, February 12, 2009

dear friend

I have such wonderful friends. My birthday fell on a Monday this year. A Monday that also happened to be Martin Luther King's birthday... so I had the day off. While that was really neat, my hubby did not have the day off. I was honestly feeling down about spending the day alone before Cassia insisted on spending all her spare time between classes with me. She is so darling. Not only that - our doorbell rang at 7:45 and...lo and behold!... muffins and a chai latte on our doorstep as she tried to drive away before we saw her (not quick enough :) ) We had a great time exploring downtown Newhall and all the neat little shops that are tucked away on nearly every block! Who knew our little corner of Santa Clarita had so many cool places??? We ate at a little hole-in-the-wall cafe that was WONDERFUL! Family owned and everything made from scratch... it doesn't get better than that. Then found this amazing store... every time I drive by it now I'm tempted to stop. Luckily for my husband I've been able to resist.

Dearest Sia, thank you for spending the day with me. You are such a blessing to me and a wonderful, wonderful friend. LOVE YOU!





No comments: