Friday, February 20, 2009

Prayer Request

Hello all,

I feel a bit selfish asking for prayer on here, but perhaps that's just my pride. I'll just give you an update on what's been going on with my knee. I've been very frustrated lately with the pain that I've been having for the past year and a half. I've been going to physical therapy for almost a month now and the knee pain seems to only be getting worse. My therapist has limited my motion to hopefully decrease the pain, but this just leaves me helpless, slow, and more frustrated. It takes me twice the normal time to walk down stairs, I can't twist in any way, and bending my knee has to be done with care. It's a lot to think about all the time and forgetting leaves me in pain. Most nights when i get home it is just easiest to lie down and have Matt pile ice on my knee and leg. The inactivity is driving me bonkers! I can't workout, I can't walk down our front stairs, I can barely even shave in the shower without hurting myself. I just want it to end. I suppose the Lord is trying to teach me patience and dependance on Him. Its funny how we take such simple things for granted, and how much those things hurt when something goes wrong! I didn't know how good I had it :) I'm currently being treated with electro stimulation and iontophoresis (basically lots of wires and magnets driving in medication). There has been mention of cortisone shots, but that probably won't be for a while and only after some more doctor visits.

So anyway...if you would pray for my silly frustrations. That I would be able to be patient and do as the doctors think best. That I would trust that the Lord controls all things - even the ligaments and muscles in my knee - and trust in that.

1 comment: