Saturday, December 12, 2009

Long time coming

Hello friends,

I have to first off apologize for the lack of posts the past few months! I haven't been too good at keeping you all in the loop huh? Well I'll try and catch you up on as much as I can and now that my schedule has slowed down a bit at work after the crazy "end of semester" rush, I hope to be more faithful at blogging over the holidays.

I have to start with our trip to NC/TN back in June. We had an amazing time!! Tennessee became one of my favorite states after this trip. The people are so warm and friendly. Life is laid back and you aren't in the "big city rush" that I sometimes feel we get caught up in here in LA. The rush that just ends up in you being behind on everything and feeling like you're constantly playing catch up. After 3 days in TN we drove out to Matt's grandparents place in Murphy, NC, just over the TN/NC boarder. We spent the rest of the week there spending time with family (Matt's parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and kids). Most of these people I had never met before because they were unable to make the trip out for our wedding, so it was a wonderful time of "getting to know you." Here are some pictures of our time.

This is the inside of one of the shopping centers in Franklin, TN...how cute!

We had to go to the Grand Ole Opry - and Montgomery Gentry was inducted! <3 country music

One of my favorites - I think we went 3 times while we were there - Cracker Barrel please come to California!!!

This was at a cider bar - yes that's right like apple cider. They had EVERYTHING apple, even apple cider doughnuts which were really yummy :) Just so quaint...this was right next to our hotel.
The Himsey grandkids with grandma and grandpa
The Himsey "kids" with Mama and Papa Himsey
Uncle Pete and Auntie Joanie - love you guys!!!
My dear husband....lol
The cousins went out for the night to hang out - Happy Birthday BJ!

No comments: